Deadline: 31 December 2021
We seek contributions from a broad range of historical and geographical contexts to foster a cross-disciplinary conversation between specialists in the histories of architecture, urban development, economics, politics, culture and technology. Potential contributions may explore:
- The role of lesser-known voices and stakeholders, such as investors, developers and builders, and their specific role in the production of buildings.
- The organisation and management of labour in the development process, from the office to the construction site, and back to the office.
- Economic and political interests emerging from the commodification of land and buildings (for example, between public and private sectors).
- Methodological problems relating to the historiography of real estate, such as archival sources, disciplinary identification and research strategies.
- Technologies utilised for designing, building and maintaining commercial architecture (e.g. prefabrication).
- The impact of real estate processes on urban form (e.g. housing typologies).
- Professional relations between the architectural and real estate realms.
To submit a proposal to the conference, please send an abstract of no more than 300 words, including name and affiliation, to email@example.com before 31 December 2021. For any questions, please contact Gregorio Astengo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Davide Spina (email@example.com).